Land Use/Environmental Planning Manager
Land Use/Environmental Planning Managers plan, coordinate, review, and direct the work of clerical, technical, planning and resource management staff involved in the processing, project management, and documentation of land use projects as required by Federal, State, and local regulations; to serve as project manager for the most complex projects.
Ideal Candidate Profile
The ideal candidate for Land Use/Environmental Planning Manager will possess the following experience, attributes, and traits:
- Demonstrate proven management, supervisory, and professional level experience in land use and environmental planning
- Demonstrate a high degree of motivation and willingness to adapt to the organizational culture
- Demonstrate a strong willingness to continually learn and grow professionally
- Maintain a management perspective and objective demeanor when positive or difficult situations occur
- Lead complex projects involving several functional groups
- Communicate effectively in verbal and written form; good listener
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and team leader skills, including building relationships and collaborating with others in order to keep projects moving in a positive direction
- Understand the perspectives of others, and embrace diversity and inclusiveness
If you believe that you possess these qualities, then the County of San Diego would be an ideal place for your talents and career growth. We have a great culture that values collaboration and teamwork.