Lead Statistical Analyst, Remote
Lead Statistical Analyst
Join Urban Design 4 Health (www.ud4h.com), a leading-edge consulting firm established over 20 years ago. UD4H is engaged in transportation, land use, public health, and smart growth planning. Our internationally recognized work assesses how urban planning influences travel choice, air quality, greenhouse gas emissions, environmental justice, social equity and a wide range of public health outcomes. UD4H is the pioneer in assessing built environment impacts on health and coined the term “walkability” in the early 1990’s. UD4H remains at the forefront of this emerging field and is now conducting original high-profile work monetizing health impacts of the built environment. UD4H is recognized as a leader in sustainable and healthy approaches to land use development and transportation investment. We support employees in the writing of academic journal articles, public consumption pieces, presentations at conferences, and other means of disseminating our work.
We are looking to make an immediate hire to further expand our team.
- A passion for health and built environment relationships
- Master’s or PhD degree in planning, public health, geography, transportation engineering, or related field. PhD is preferred.
- 2-3 years post-master’s relevant professional experience with strong statistical analysis skills
- A quantitative background:
- Experience in developing, acquiring, preparing and maintaining large land use, transportation, and/or health databases
- Extensive experience with independently completing statistical analysis and modeling of travel behavior, land use and related outcomes such as physical activity, air quality, and related health outcomes
- Knowledge of and/or experience with:
- Some economic analysis experience
- Scenario planning approaches
- Conceptual understanding of spatial variation in environmental exposures and health outcomes
- Highly motivated, collaborative, organized individual with good interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly in communicating technical information to a wide variety of audiences
- Demonstrated project management experience including progress reports, invoices, and management of day-to-day communications with clients
- Demonstrated experience in developing and writing successful proposals, technical reports, and academic journal articles
Highly desired qualifications:
- Experience with random parameter modeling, geographic weighted regression, and other advanced statistical modeling techniques.
- Experience with NLogit software, and other relevant software packages.
- Experience with computer programming, including working within an open source and online environment, including R, Python, PostgreSQL
- Intermediate level Geographic Information Systems (GIS) knowledge and capabilities
- Ability to monetize health and workforce productivity impacts of transportation investments and land use actions of built, natural, and social environment.
- Interdisciplinary training and/or experience in urban planning, sustainable development, active transportation, social equity, public health and implications on healthy behaviors and outcomes
- Experience in marketing, business promotion, and media relationships.
While the position is primarily expected to be analytical in nature, additional responsibilities will include coordination and project planning with other staff, interaction with clients, subcontractors and proposal development in a collaborative environment. The position requires efficiently producing a variety of products including analysis, reports, maps and other documentation. The ideal applicant will have strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills and with a demonstrated record in project management.
This position may be part or full or time and offers considerable opportunity for advancement. We need someone that is self-motivated, collaborative, and who works well independently. The work hours are flexible as is the location where the applicant is located. As a distributed virtual company, our team works primarily from their home offices. We prefer the applicant be located in the Seattle WA, San Diego CA, Rochester NY or, or Vancouver BC regions. Compensation is commensurate with experience and very competitive.
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until it is filled.
No phone calls.