San Francisco Office Associate
ASSOCIATE, SAN FRANCISCO OFFICE
Description of Position
Lisa Wise Consulting, Inc. (LWC), an urban planning and economics firm, seeks a full-time Associate to join our team and contribute to our growing practice. The Associate position focuses on research, data review, compilation and analysis, technical writing, editing, report production, graphics, mapping and community outreach. LWC was founded in 2006 and has grown to national prominence. Our projects range from sign code updates in Portland, Maine and Arlington Massachusetts to comprehensive code updates for Kauai County, Westerville, Ohio as well as projects in Las Vegas, Tempe, Austin and Compton. LWC has offices in San Francisco, San Luis Obispo, and Los Angeles.
LWC’s strength is long-range planning, zoning ordinances, form-based codes, economic and financial feasibility analysis, revitalizations strategies, housing, and design standards and guidelines. All LWC projects involve some community engagement from personal interviews to charrettes, workshops, public meetings, surveys and public hearings.
This is a full-time position is based out of LWC’s San Francisco Office. Direct report will be LWC Senior Associate in San Francisco.
- Working closely with LWC Associates, Senior Associates and Directors on project deliverables and proposals
- Conducting research and review, organizing data, and summarizing findings (in writing) for LWC project managers.
- Supporting project managers in the preparation of community outreach strategies, peripheral material, presentations, participating in public meetings, gathering and summarizing community input
- Contributing to the report production process, including graphic layouts, technical writing, on-going edits and revisions and coordinating input from project partners
- Preparing graphics, maps and associated data and infographics to effectively communicate findings and recommendations in proposals, reports, memos, web site and social media, using GIS, InDesign, SketchUp, Illustrator, etc.
- Managing multiple assignments.
SKILLS AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Excels in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Effective public speaking
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with ESRI software
- Interest in the effect of design on urban planning
- Interest in and knowledge of economics and finance impacts on urban planning
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Degree in urban planning, public policy, community design related subject is preferable
- 2 - 5 years of professional experience in urban planning is preferable