Manage special area visioning and planning to process zoning changes for areas of request as initiated by City Plan Commission and City Council. Manage and process zoning requests for Conservation Districts, Neighborhood Stabilization Overlay Districts, and other neighborhood driven zoning overlay districts. Manage potential development code amendments: researching, analyzing, and producing professional reports and presentations for briefing to the Zoning Ordinance Advisory Committee and the City Plan Commission. Conduct community, neighborhood, and task force meetings as part of the planning and zoning process for the city initiated zoning changes and potential development code amendments. Provide assistance to citizens on questions related to proposed zoning changes and code amendments. Strong oral and written communication, research, and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Master's degree in planning, engineering, architecture, economics, political science, historic preservation or public administration field.
- Two (2) years of professional level urban planning experience.
- A bachelor's degree in a specified field plus four (4) years of the required experience will meet the education and experience requirements.
LICENSE and/or CERTIFICATION(S):
- Valid driver's license with good driving record.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITY(IES):
- Architectural plan review skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Effective oral/written communication skills.
- MS Office or similar software skills.
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certification is a plus.