Land Use Planning Intern / Project Associate
REPORTS TO: Project Manager or Regional Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Modus is currently searching for highly talented and driven Land Use Planning Intern (full-time) to support the site acquisition project team in Sacramento to gain local land use planning knowledge as it relates to the wireless telecommunication industry. Interns will perform or assist with the following:
- Conducting research and reviewing multiple jurisdictional zoning ordinances as it pertains to wireless telecommunication facilities.
- Preparing preliminary zoning/permitting analyses in accordance with jurisdictional requirements.
- Providing site-specific design, zoning & permitting analyses for selected sites.
- Preparing zoning and permit applications.
- Reviewing architectural drawings and other zoning collateral.
- Working diligently to expedite jurisdictional approval processes & project timelines.
- Attending and presenting at site design visits, community meetings and hearings.
- Work will be split between office and field.
- Dynamic and fast-paced team-based projects.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Self-motivated and have an uncompromising work ethic.
- Strong knowledge and interest in Urban Planning.
- Strong research and analytic skills.
- Highly organized and have a talent for multi-tasking.
- Possess superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to define and meet individual and team oriented project goals.
- Enrollment in a degree in Urban & Regional Planning or Graphic Design or a related field.
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a car (preferred, but not required).
- Strong computer skills utilizing MS Outlook, and reports in MS Excel.
If the candidate has the experience needed to qualify as a Project Associate, there is a possibility of accelerated growth into this role.
Internship: $18-20, depending on experience. Upon successful completion of the internship period, a candidate could be offered a permanent position at a higher salary with full benefits, which include: performance bonuses, paid time off, company sponsored health insurance plan (medical/dental/vision), life & disability insurance, commuter benefits, and 401(k) plan.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates should provide a resume that details either education or experience related to local government, environmental studies, urban planning or real estate development. Motivation and integrity are more important than experience.
Please apply through LinkedIn via the job posting here: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1268870284.
If you do not have a LinkedIn profile, you may send your resume and cover letter to: JobsNorCal@modus-corp.com, using the subject line: "Applying for Project Associate/Intern - Sacramento - (your name)".