Land Use Planner / Project Associate
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Modus is currently searching for a highly talented and experienced and driven professional to fill a Land Use Planner/Project Associate position in our Austin, TX office.
The planning professional will:
- Conduct own research and review multiple jurisdictional zoning ordinances, as well as lead Project Associates in gathering information, as it pertains to wireless telecommunication facilities.
- Prepare preliminary zoning/permitting analyses in accordance with jurisdictional requirements and be able to effectively communicate findings to client and jurisdictions.
- Provide site-specific design, zoning & permitting analyses for selected sites.
- Prepare zoning and permit applications.
- Review architectural drawings and other zoning collateral.
- Coordinate with architects, engineers and other interdisciplinary teams as needed to obtain zoning approval.
- Work diligently to expedite jurisdictional approval processes & project timelines.
- Attend and present at site design visits, community meetings and hearings.
- Effectively manage and communicate ongoing project status to clients.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Minimum 1-2 years of planning experience
- Wireless industry knowledge
- Strong knowledge of Urban Planning
- Strong research and analytic skills
- Self-motivated and have an uncompromising work ethic
- Highly organized and have a talent for multi-tasking, able to thrive in fast-paced team-based environment
- Possess superb written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to define and meet individual and team oriented project goals
- Strong computer skills utilizing MS Outlook, and reports in MS Excel
- Valid Driver’s License
- Bachelors Degree in Urban & Regional Planning or related field, 1+ years successful Zoning and Permitting experience preferred
- Experience working with local public works departments a plus
- Local jurisdiction knowledge a plus
- Experience with Salesforce database a plus
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes performance bonuses, paid time off, company sponsored health insurance plan (medical/dental/vision), life & disability insurance, commuter benefits, and 401(k) plan.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply through LinkedIn via the job posting here: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1290672521.
If you do not have a LinkedIn profile, you may send your resume and cover letter to: JobsTX@modus-corp.com, using the subject line: "Applying for Project Associate - Austin - (your name)".