Transportation Scheduler Intern
About our Company
R&D Transportation Services Inc. (R&D) is a transportation management and consulting firm that since 1991, has successfully worked with California Regional Centers and School Districts to deliver a comprehensive brokerage model that consists of Scheduling, Billing and Contract Administration, Customer Service Center, and Quality Assurance for Field Operations. Although not a direct transportation service provider, R&D coordinates with vendors to ensure that they operate safe, reliable, and efficient transportation services for people with developmental and physical disabilities.
Position Summary - Internship
- We are seeking a college student majoring in Business or related discipline for a part time internship opportunity within our Scheduling Department. We would prefer a college student at a senior level standing prior to the start of the internship.
- Job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Under direction by the Transportation Planning Manager, the scheduler will use the Versatrans computerized routing and planning GIS software to schedule passenger routes in accordance with service requirements.
- Collaborate with transportation vendors regarding route changes, cancellations, etc.
- Maintain an accurate database of program schedules by area, vendor vehicle configurations and rider files related to the special needs requirements.
- Communicate across departments regarding pertinent items, their region and/or service changes
- Develop individualized trip plan that supports the individual’s travel goals to their place of work, school or day program
- Review information from the regional center social worker to evaluate transportation needs related to functional mobility and/or cognitive challenges
- Prepare and generate comprehensive reports, correspondence and presentations
- May work on other special projects within the scheduling area
- Other related duties as assigned
- High school degree or equivalent
- Current student at senior level standing at a community college or university.
- Ability to work part time during school
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Access and Outlook) GIS experience a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Confidentiality of all information is essential
- Experience in the transportation field desirable
Benefits as an Intern
- Gain professional work experience in an area related to your degree.
- Learn about the industry and find a rewarding opportunity helping the special needs community
- Potential opportunity after graduation for full-time employment
Submissions: Please submit your cover letter and resume to RandDTransportationInc.appone.com