Graphics and Marketing Coordinator
Clarion Associates is a nationally recognized consulting firm specializing in community planning, zoning and plan implementation, sustainability, resilience, and historic preservation. We have offices in Denver and Chapel Hill, and affiliated offices in Cincinnati and Philadelphia. Clarion has assisted over 200 U.S. cities and counties to plan for their futures and implement those plans creatively, efficiently, and effectively. We are highly regarded as a firm that forms strong partnerships with each of our communities to tackle complex planning projects and resolve them in ways that get adopted, get implemented, and build public support for ambitious local planning efforts. You can learn more about us at www.clarionassociates.com.
About the Position
We are looking for a graphic design and marketing coordinator who will be an integral part of our exciting planning and zoning practice. Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in graphic design, urban planning, or a related design field and a minimum of two years of related professional experience. Candidates should also be proficient in the Adobe Suite and Microsoft Word. Experience with Google SketchUp, ArcGIS, and website development software is a plus. This is a full-time position in our Chapel Hill office. Travel is not required. We provide a full range of competitive benefits and compensation commensurate with experience. Clarion Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
Primary responsibilities for this position will include:
- Translating complex ideas and information into attractive, professional, and user-friendly infographics, project logos, concept diagrams, page layouts, and other presentation materials
- Developing 3D models and other planning visualization tools to illustrate code standards and plan concepts
- Preparing and continuously improving document layouts and templates for project work products (using Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Word)
- Designing and producing marketing and outreach collateral (print ads, flyers, e-blasts, brochures, etc.)
- General graphic design support for the Chapel Hill office
- Preparing web graphics and assistance updating project websites
- Assisting with curation and management of the firm’s graphics library
- Assembling proposals and other materials needed for the firm to respond to RFPs or RFQs
- Assistance updating the firm’s marketing materials
The successful candidate will be a creative, highly-organized, self-starter with a collaborative spirit and an eye for design. Much of our work is technical and detail-oriented and candidates will be expected to meet high standards of professional quality.
The Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate for this position…
• Is enthusiastic about building their community planning knowledge base;
• Likes working in teams to produce design-based solutions;
• Has a background in graphic design, urban planning, urban design, or a related design field;
• Has print and digital publication design experience;
• Has strong writing and proofreading skills;
• Capable of juggling multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment; and
• Is very detail-oriented – because the work we do matters, and it changes the future.
If that Describes You
Send a resume and cover letter along with a link to a design portfolio or 2-5 graphic design work samples via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5:00 pm on June 7, 2019. No phone calls please. Our review process opens immediately, and we will consider resume submissions as they arrive.