Electric Vehicle Transportation Urban/City Planner
The Electric Vehicle Transportation Planner provides support for CSE’s efforts focused on planning and deploying electric vehicle charging solutions. Activity areas include supporting vehicle electrification, promoting the deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure, and encouraging the adoption of clean vehicles by fleets. Working with a team of clean transportation experts, the Senior Coordinator develops planning documents, tools and resources that help stakeholders achieve clean transportation goals. Other duties and special projects may be assigned, and this position will need to be flexible and open to changes in both the implementation strategy as well as the job description as the program grows and adapts to the marketplace.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Program Implementation: Support day-to-day program activities including collaboration with team members to develop plans, tools,
strategies and resources for target audiences. Tap into technical, regulatory and/or legislative knowledge and stakeholder familiarity to ensure tools and resources align with both established technical standards and real-life constraints faced by stakeholders. Appropriately and effectively coordinate tasks with cross-functional staff. Provide overall operational support to Project Manager.
· Program Design: Make recommendations on future program design, including support for needs assessments, drafting proposals, creating content, preparing marketing materials, and evaluation and reporting. Review program plans through the course of the fiscal year and advise the Project Manager as necessary.
· Stakeholder Engagement: Interact with clean transportation stakeholders including, but not limited to, local and state governments, community choice aggregations, utilities, EV infrastructure providers, community-based organizations, local community representatives, auto makers, dealers, fleet owners, air districts, project partners, and others related to state and nationwide transportation programs. Develop and deliver messages to target audiences via reports, newsletters, direct marketing materials, presentations, web content, social media, etc.
· Reporting: Utilizing excellent writing skills, as key author, create program reports and presentations. Contribute to data analysis.
· Special Projects: Perform other related duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Transportation planning training andexperience a plus.
· Knowledge of electric vehicle chargers and infrastructure installations or electrical permitting and installations.
· Experience coordinating or facilitating working group meetings, developing agendas, taking notes and assigning action items.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to edit and draft reports. Ability to understand data and construct findings into concise summaries and talking points. Demonstrated competency in spelling, punctuation and grammar.
· Demonstrated proficiency in customer service.
· Strong organizational, time management and planning skills. Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks, changing priorities and complex assignments. Ability to perform within required deadlines.
· Detail-oriented with exceptional problem-solving skills.
· Ability to take initiative, be proactive and work with minimal supervision.
· Familiarity with California and other government clean transportation policies and landscape.
· Experience working with databases and analyzing large sets of data.
· Experience with data visualization and mapping (familiarity with GIS a plus)
· Familiarity with federal and state clean transportation policies and landscape a plus.
· Experience with advanced technology market transformation programs a plus.
Computer and/or Technical Skills:
· Demonstrated fluency in using standard office software packages (MS Office: Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
· Experience with mapping software (e.g., ArcGIS) a plus.
· Familiar with standard office procedures, filing, telephone techniques and operation of office equipment.
· Advanced uses of word processing, spreadsheet, database and other standard software to create well-formatted documents and materials requiring interpretation and critical thought. Proficient in typing.
· Bachelor's degree in area relevant to sustainable transportation and energy and/or the automotive industry, such as transportation planning, environmental planning or engineering.
· Master’s degree preferred.
· 4-5 years of experience directly related to the primary job duties and required qualifications. Graduate school experience may take the place of some work experience if directly relevant to essential duties and responsibilities of this position.
· Experience working with diverse government,
business, clean transportation professionals and community groups a plus.