About the company
Economic & Planning Systems, Inc. (EPS) is an innovative land use consulting firm distinct in our ability to understand and creatively resolve complex challenges related to land use policy, real estate investment, and governmental organization. Since 1983 we have served a wide variety of private and public sector clients throughout the United States with an emphasis on fiscal, economic and environmental sustainability. The firm has four offices located in Oakland, Los Angeles, Sacramento, and Denver. For more information, please visit our website at www.epsys.com.
Our Oakland office is seeking to fill the full-time position of Associate Consultant. We invite candidates with experience in urban planning, real estate economics, public finance, and/or regional economic analysis to apply.
The Associate will collaborate with team members on a variety of projects related to real estate feasibility, revitalization/redevelopment, public finance, fiscal and economic impacts, land use policy, and regional economic development. An Associate must have the ability to work with a range of analytical methods and computer models, plan and execute project tasks, manage time accordingly to meet deadlines, and represent the Firm during client interactions.
- Master’s degree in city and regional planning, urban economics, real estate, public policy, business administration, or related field (or bachelor’s degree and additional work experience)
- One to three years relevant professional experience
- Understanding of the real estate development process
- Strong analytical, writing, and communications skills
- Strong Excel-based spreadsheet data analysis and modeling skills
- GIS and spatial analysis experience
- Compensation/Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, group life/AD&D, vacation/personal time and paid holidays
- EPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Positions are open until filled.