North Shore Bike Share Coordinator
Stretching from Deep Cove in the east to the Capilano River Canyon in the west, the District of North Vancouver is characterized by innovative municipal government that maintains and enhances the quality of life for its residents and businesses. Fuelled by the District’s award-winning vision to build vibrant and sustainable communities for people of all ages and backgrounds, the District offers exciting professional development opportunities and an excellent total compensation package. A flexible, family-friendly employer with an inclusive work place culture, we are looking to fill this position. Come work for one of BC’s Top Employers and contribute to making this a great place to work!
The District of North Vancouver has an opportunity available for an auxiliary – North Shore Bike Share Coordinator. You will be part of the Transportation team and will provide social marketing, communications and community outreach work in support of a new pilot bike share initiative to reduce single occupant vehicle use.
You will work with the North Shore e-bike share service provider to ensure high quality service and compliance. You will oversee the relationship between the e-bike share operator and the municipalities, and work with internal and external stakeholders to evaluate the performance of the e-bike share program, collect data and promote awareness of such activities and monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of promotional campaigns. This work involves research and the development and coordination of educational and promotional programs, projects and events. You will use data and findings to create content for public reports regarding the e-bike share program. In addition you will be required to coordinate public consultation sessions and you will work with the communications department to develop communication and outreach materials.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Considerable independent judgement and action, self-starter
- Considerable knowledge of the policies, practices, procedures, rules and regulations governing the work
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and techniques of community-based social marketing
- Sound knowledge of bikes, e-bikes, and bike share programs
- Ability to deal effectively and authoritatively with a variety of internal and external contacts in processing inquiries and in providing a wide range of information
- Ability to initiate, develop, coordinate and evaluate the performance of the bike share program and to work with communications staff to prepare a variety of promotional and informational material
- Ability to collect, research, interpret and analyze data and to provide recommendations on the basis of findings
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with a variety of contacts, including the community and the general public
- Ability to prepare and maintain reports and records related to the work
Applicants must possess a Diploma or Degree from a post-secondary institution in a discipline related to the work. A considerable amount of related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience will also be considered. A valid B.C. Drivers Licence is also required.
The pay range for this unionized position is $32.25 to $37.97 per hour plus 12% in lieu of benefits. If you have what we’re looking for and thrive working in a fast paced environment with a group of enthusiastic and dedicated people, we want to hear from you. Please apply on-line at www.dnv.org/careers by May 20, 2019.
We thank you for your interest in employment with the District of North Vancouver and advise that only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.