Public Involvement and Outreach Specialist
The Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission (SEWRPC) is seeking a Public Involvement and Outreach Specialist. In this role, the successful candidate would conduct outreach to citizens, businesses, minorities, and low-income groups on issues related to transportation, land use, and the environment.
The Principal Responsibilities are:
- Strengthen and continue relationships with grassroots organizations and political officials;
- Represent the Commission at various meetings throughout the region and simplify complex plans and processes to all attendees;
- Serve as a liaison between commission staff and community concerns and desires;
- Arrange and conduct public meetings, open houses, hearings, focus groups, and visioning sessions for any SEWRPC division;
- Staff SEWRPC exhibit booth/table at regional and local tradeshows, community fairs, summits and community partner meetings.
The ideal candidate would have:
- A bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred.
- Strong established relationships with community groups involved with regional and/or local transportation, land use and/or environmental issues.
- Ability to speak a second language preferred.