Denise Duffy & Associates (DD&A, Inc.) is seeking to hire an Assistant Environmental Planner for our office in Monterey, California. DD&A, Inc. is an environmental consulting firm with over 35 years of experience providing environmental planning and natural resource expertise. DD&A, Inc. offers a broad range of services, including land use planning, CEQA/NEPA analysis, water resource planning, natural resource evaluation, entitlements and permit processing, GIS, air quality analysis, and regulatory compliance. Our clients include state, county, and municipal agencies as well as private industry. DD&A, Inc. recently received the AEP 2018 “Outstanding Environmental Analysis Document” for the Pure Water Monterey Groundwater Replenishment Project EIR and Addenda.
Job Description: This position will add to our multidisciplinary team of environmental professionals. DD&A, Inc. welcomes responses from all qualified applicants with a minimum of 1-2 years of relevant CEQA/NEPA experience and/or knowledge of current environmental regulations. The successful candidate will preferably come from a consulting background and have practical knowledge of land use, environmental planning and permitting regulations. The candidate will be responsible for the preparation of CEQA/NEPA documents and permit applications, as well as assisting in the preparation of CEQA and NEPA documents including initial studies, negative declarations and EIRs.
- Research, data collection, and analysis.
- Permit/entitlement applications.
- Building and maintaining close working relationships with clients.
- Editing and quality assurance review of documents.
- This position will work directly with DD&A Associate and Senior level staff and will be responsible for providing technical writing and support in the preparation of environmental documents (CEQA/NEPA), project entitlements, and other associated deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, Policy and/or Land Planning or related field (Masters preferred)
- Proficiency in environmental document preparation (CEQA/NEPA)
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in environmental planning or related field
- Knowledge of California and federal environmental law and resource protection principles
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe software
- Able to multi-task, work independently and meet strict deadlines
- Graphics/GIS experience a plus
- Excellent organizational skills
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume, including a cover letter, to email@example.com
Please include the position name, a brief discussion of your familiarity or experience with CEQA/NEPA, and a list of references in the cover letter.