Kimley-Horn, one of Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For,” is looking for an Urban Designer to join our Dallas team. This position will support our growing Urban Planning practice by providing community planning, urban and landscape design, and graphic and technical production. Project experiences will be diverse, as we provide services to both the public and private sectors. Projects include land planning, urban design and redevelopment, mixed-use, streetscapes, design guidelines, public infrastructure design, and other community facility design.
- Have, or in the process of receiving by summer 2019, a degree in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, or Urban Planning
- Strong AutoCAD, Microsoft (Word and Excel) skills
- Working knowledge of graphic software programs (Adobe Photoshop, Sketchup, InDesign, Illustrator, GIS/Arcview, and PowerPoint)
- Strong freehand illustration and rendering skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Portfolio or work samples will be required if considered for an interview
- Positive attitude and a strong work ethic
Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Kimley-Horn in the U.S. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H1-B or any other work visa petitions.