One Vassar is a private real estate Development Company with large scale high-rise developments in urban markets on the West Coast, including the San Francisco Bay Area. Development projects include residential, hospitality, office and retail components.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the Director of Development and Executives in all aspects of their projects including entitlements, due diligence, design, contracting, market studies, research, and community outreach. The position is a key support position that will provide the candidate exposure to all aspects of the pre-development process.
- Provide support to the Director of Development on all aspects of the development process and the Department’s functions.
- At the direction of the Director of Development, execute the coordination of development of real estate projects nationally. Coordinate consultant contracts and invoices relating to development projects. Monitor budgets for compliance and rectify invoices with consultants.
- Perform all manner of analytical and technical tasks by drafting, examining, reviewing, revising, and analyzing consultant contracts.
- Process daily, weekly, and monthly reporting to ensure all schedules run smoothly, and all jobs are completed as prescribed. Verify and confirm all vendor invoices for each project and that all invoices are processed in a timely manner.
- Handle matters relating to time sensitive material and meet multiple deadlines. Inform project team of project status and issues that may impact timelines.
- Set up project files; maintain and track off-site storage of project files, closing binders, and other marketing and administrative systems.
- Maintain database and/or central depository of all existing contracts. Oversee and maintain project files of legal and confidential nature.
- Assist with tracking and reviewing land use legislation.
- Opportunities to attend community meetings, hearings, and events on behalf of the company.
- Assist in developing community and government relationships at the direction of the Director of Development.
- Bachelor’s Degree; preferably in real estate, business administration, public policy or planning.
- Prefer a minimum of 1 year of work experience.
- Strong MS Office, Excel and Word skills are a prerequisite; experience with Project and Power Point a plus.
- Strong organization skills with an ability to manage multiple deadlines, tasks and assignments.
- Complex thinker with a strong intellectual curiosity.
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of real estate or land use a plus.
- Keen attention to detail.
- High energy; possessed with drive.
- Flexibility to attend evening events and hearings.
- Suitability to an entrepreneurial culture that places a premium on performance.
- Must be a team player but also a self-started that can perform with limited direction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.