This position might be perfect for you if:
- You are interested in shaping and directing new citywide initiatives.
- You want to mentor and develop the next generation of planning leaders.
- Can think strategically and make independent decisions that meet the city's goals and objectives.
- You have a talent for clearly and effectively communicating important planning decisions.
- You relish complex problems and are excited to lead a cooperative process to devise solutions.
- You committed to providing excellent customer service through teamwork, communication and responsiveness
- You are looking for a team committed to your growth through training and team building opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively lead assigned planning staff. The ideal candidate will also be strongly motivated to be a player in a team that strives to find innovative solutions to effectively resolve problems and produce the highest quality of work.
You'll be responsible for:
- Supervising day-to-day activities and programs within the department.
- Develop and mentor assigned staff to ensure their success.
- Developing creative solutions to the most complex planning and land use problems.
- Staying current on zoning and environmental regulations and other legal issues.
- Participate in the development of goals and workplans for the department.
- Process the most complex or controversial development projects or initiatives.
*Candidates invited to interview will be required to complete a practical exam at the time of the interview.
**The purpose of this recruitment is to establish an eligibility list for filling future vacancies.
For more information about this position please visit www.cityofrc.us.
Education and/or Experience:
Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor's degree in Planning or a related field; four years of progressively responsible experience in current or advanced planning, including one year of supervisory experience or any combination of training and experience that provides the desired knowledge and abilities. A Master's Degree in Public Administration, Planning, Business Administration or a related field is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of planning; related state and Federal laws, ordinances, rules and regulations; environmental impact report administration; methods and techniques of training and supervision. Ability to plan, organize and coordinate planning activities; prepare and present reports; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; deal constructively with conflict and develop effective resolution; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships; supervise assigned staff.
Possession of or ability to obtain an appropriate California driver's license and a satisfactory driving record.
All applicants are required to apply online at www.cityofrc.us/RCjobs Closing date is 5:00 pm on Tuesday, April 23, 2019 or until a sufficient number of applications have been received.