The Associate Planner position is overtime eligible and a member of the AFSCME Collective Bargaining Unit.
Under the direction of the Planning Manager, the employee occupying this position will perform a variety of professional planning duties involving current and long-range planning to ensure compliance with various City, State and federal ordinances and regulations; provide technical expertise, data collection, analysis and report preparation related to comprehensive planning and development review; and assist in the development and revision of the Comprehensive Plan, zoning and subdivision codes.
• Bachelor's degree in urban or regional planning, geography, urban studies, or a related field
• One year of responsible planning experience
• Ability to read, interpret, apply and clearly explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures
• Ability to analyze and interpret public input and recommendations
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
How to Apply:
Individuals interested in applying for this position, visit http://www.seatacwa.gov/services/employment/job-opportunities to view the full job announcement.
To be considered for this position complete the following:
• an online application
• respond to the supplemental questions
• submit a resume
• submit a cover letter addressing how you meet or exceed the required education and experience
Successful candidates must pass a background check.