Senior Active Transportation Planner/Designer
Senior Active Transportation Planner/Designer | Charlotte
LandDesign creates places that bring people together. Places where people work, live and play. Places that people love. We are a collaborative group of planners and designers (landscape architects, civil engineers, planners, urban designers and graphic designers) that approach projects with unique expertise and diverse perspectives, but with a shared goal to create places that matter.
Are you passionate about biking and place-making? We are looking to expand our expertise in the active transportation with someone who can push the boundaries of thinking and communicating about its role in our lives.
We are looking for a passionate senior designer to join and grow a team of experts within the LandDesign Charlotte office, with a focus on active transportation. You will have a minimum of 8 years of experience in design and/or planning with at least 3 of those years in active transportation. You are confident with proven success to win your own work. You are skilled and at ease teaching, speaking, writing, leading and collaborating. You value working across disciplines and are a problem solver.
Professional licensure in engineering, planning or landscape architecture is highly desired along with experience in the Charlotte, NC region.
LandDesign’s passionate professionals include engineers, urban designers, landscape architects, planners, and graphic designers who partner with public and private clients in the land development, public open space, transportation, real estate, and institutional industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
- Play a key role in the growth of LandDesign’s active transportation practice and provide new business development initiatives.
- Maintain and grow relationships with our regional and local public and private sector clients
- Represent LandDesign at conferences, seminars, and industry organizations and events
- Grow and lead a multi-disciplinary team focused on the planning and design of active transportation projects
- Develop, maintain and update project budgets and schedules
- Work directly with clients and deliver superior service
- Manage project finances and contract requirements
- Develop proposals
- Prepare and deliver presentations
- Prepare analysis and project reports
Skills & Abilities
- Experience in innovative planning and design initiatives
- Ability to manage complex projects of multidisciplinary nature
- Expert client relationship management
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Understanding traffic operations, capacity, and safety as it relates to active transportation planning studies
- Active in regional industry organizations
- Public outreach and community presentations experience
- Bachelors’ degree in Civil Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, Urban Transportation Planning or equivalent
- The successful candidate will have 8+ years of relevant experience in transportation planning with at least 5 years as a project manager or task leader
- P.E. license, PLA, AICP, and/or PTP certification
- Experience working with major transportation agencies in NC area preferred
Please submit resume, cover letter and portfolio for full consideration. Please submit all materials directly through our website: www.landdesign.com/careers
LandDesign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values a diverse work place.