Director of Planning – Affordable Housing Development
Key real estate development position with New York City’s oldest and largest affordable housing not-for-profit with a large pipeline of new projects and plans for continued growth. Starts immediately, full-time with attractive benefits and competitive salary based on experience. Housing developments are located throughout New York City; job is located at the organization’s headquarters in the Flatiron neighborhood of Manhattan.
The Planning Director will be a core real estate development team member and will be principally responsible for overseeing project land planning, entitlement, ULURP, environmental review, neighborhood planning activities and site due diligence for all Phipps developments. The position will also work closely with the real estate development team and CEO to identify and analyze new site acquisitions and assemblages for a large and growing pipeline of new developments. The Planning Director will also have exposure to all aspects of developing and financing mixed-use affordable housing projects, including private debt and equity, public sources of capital, Inclusionary Housing, and Brownfield Cleanup Programs.
- Manage land entitlements including re-zonings for Phipps developments, with particular focus on the New York City ULURP process.
- Lead community and public stakeholder engagement efforts, including preparing and making presentations to community boards, elected officials and community representatives as part of ULURP and other neighborhood planning activities.
- Manage environmental and sustainability consultants and related grants.
- Assist in site analysis and site acquisitions including researching site, market, and project information including site visits and field work.
- Contribute to site planning, construction and design meetings, and conduct follow up on action items and research.
- Assist in other key pre-development activities.
- Hard-working, detail-oriented candidate with 5-10 years of planning or related experience in the affordable housing field in New York City.
- Candidate should be a creative problem-solver who is also capable of working well with team members from various disciplines. A Master’s degree in Planning or similar field is preferred.
- Strong candidates will be able to multi-task and demonstrate excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Computer / technological skills are also a key element of a strong candidate, including expertise with graphic, mapping and presentational programs such as CAD, GIS, PhotoShop, InDesign and Powerpoint.
Please apply using the link in the email field. Thank you