Director of Policy Planning/Principal Planner
Location: Campbell, Hayward or Santa Rosa, California
Experience: Minimum 10 years
Hours: Full-time (3/4-time schedules considered)
M-Group exists to bring innovative and effective planning solutions to Bay Area cities. Since the creation of the firm in 2006, we have brought high-caliber planning services to over 65 Bay Area communities. M-Group’s planners have extensive experience working on large, complex and high-profile projects and our staff brings together a range of accomplishments and a wealth of real-world experiences. Our staff enjoy working with a variety of planning professionals in many different settings and with many different agencies where they gain excellent experience.
Visit us at http://www.m-group.us to learn more about us.
About the Position:
M-Group is looking to hire a well-qualified planner to lead our Policy team as the Director of Policy Planning. The position can be based in any one of our offices including Campbell, Hayward or Santa Rosa. This is a dynamic position with a wide range of responsibilities including policy development, community engagement, supervision and leadership of staff. The successful candidate will enjoy an open and collaborative work environment matched with rewarding work in project management directly with local government client base in Bay Area cities and counties.
- Recommends and assists in the preparation policy planning documents; establishes schedules and methods for the performance of policy planning activities.
- Engage with clients and subconsultants with excellent verbal and written communications.
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering effective public presentations and managing public meetings.
- Demonstrated experience supervising professional planning staff.
- Demonstrated experience preparing effective proposal development/writing.
- Demonstrated experience engaging in successful interviews to obtain new clients and contracts.
- Prioritize, assign, supervise and review the work of staff involved in the preparation of policy planning documents.
- Conduct and manage a variety of studies on specialized and complex planning issues.
- Direct, coordinate or personally prepare reports and studies on policy planning projects, including but not limited to General Plans and Specific Plans.
- Review and comment on environmental impact reports in accordance with CEQA guidelines.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, clients and sub-consultants.
- AICP certification highly desirable
- Graphic design and GIS skills desirable
- Bilingual skills desirable
Benefits & Compensation:
- M-Group offers competitive compensation and fully paid health, dental, vision, short and long-term disability and life insurance
- Automatic employer contributions through profit sharing
- Vacation & Sick Pay with additional administrative leave at management level
- 12 Paid Holidays
How to Apply:
Go to http://www.m-group.us/become-an-m-grouper and submit a resume and cover letter.