Associate Transportation Planner
- Collect, organize and analyze transportation, land use, demographic, financial and related planning data from a wide variety of sources;
- Perform research, writing and documentation on technical and policy aspects of the Regional Transportation Plan;
- Present information and research findings in visual formats including maps, charts and graphs;
- Assist with and/or lead periodic updates to the Regional Transportation Plan;
- Analyze and apply travel demand model forecast outputs through CDTC’s transportation performance measures framework (candidates with interest and aptitude will have the opportunity to conduct travel demand modeling); and
- Respond to data inquiries from external partners and submit data reports to state agencies.
CDTC is a small agency with four full-time staff members who work closely together, with member agency staff and outside consultants retained for special projects. Team members wear many hats and quickly gain diverse experience – enthusiasm, flexibility and adaptability are critical. Along with broad knowledge of multimodal transportation planning practices and contemporary urban planning concepts, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following specific knowledge and abilities:
- Cultivate positive working relationships with coworkers and external partners and work as an effective member of multi-agency and multi-discipline project teams.
- Proficiency using ArcGIS, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud and other software to convey technical information in visual format to both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Apply mapping and cartographic techniques, including spatial analysis and geoprocessing using the ESRI ArcGIS suite;
- Apply design principles in the preparation of charts, tables, graphs and maps;
- Proficiency managing and manipulating databases;
- Conduct research and synthesis of Census data;
- Communicate clearly and professionally in both oral and written format;
Manage multiple and diverse responsibilities, apply self-directed and independent problem-solving, and be willing to seek support from coworkers and superiors when needed.