Strategic Planning and Innovation Program Manager
Filing Deadline: 03/25/19
The City of Elk Grove is seeking a Strategic Planning and Innovation Program Manager to work in the City Manager’s Office. The ideal candidate is a visionary leader with a proven track record of identifying problems, recommending solutions, initiating change, generating results, and successfully managing long term projects.
About the Position
Under general direction, the Strategic Planning and Innovation Program Manager will research, coordinate, implement, and manage City-wide strategic initiatives, programs, and special projects.
The Program Manager will be tasked with a wide range of projects and assignments. Some of the assignments that the Program Manager may work in/on include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support to the Director of Strategic Planning and Innovation.
- Develop project-specific timelines and milestones; prepare reports on progress of projects, and identification and prioritization of projects that align with the City’s vision and goals.
- Develop RFPs and managing consultant contracts in a variety of different program areas.
- Develop and coordinate strategic innovation projects and implement policy and/or process improvement projects across the City (e.g., LEAN).
- Support to the City’s inter-departmental innovation team. The Program Manager will assist in coordinating this group and developing and implementing team learnings and exercises.
- Work on development and implementation of the City’s sustainability efforts and resiliency planning. The City is completing an update to its Climate Action Plan and is beginning preparation of a Resiliency Plan.
- Pubic outreach and engagement on a variety of projects, including the upcoming 2020 Census and various community planning projects.
- Working with other agencies and service providers on regional innovation projects, such as the SACOG Civic Lab.
- Work on the development of a Smart Cities implementation strategy
About the Office of Strategic Planning and Innovation
The City of Elk Grove’s Office of Strategic Planning and Innovation focuses on the City’s long-term future and high priority strategic objectives to support a vibrant, inclusive, attractive and sustainable community. There are three key areas to the Office: Strategic Initiatives; Long Range Planning; and Civic Innovation. Staff in the Office explores growth opportunities and innovative solutions, assists diverse teams to embrace new ideas, looks for opportunities to increase efficiency in government, and provide policy support for the City Manager, City Council, and the broader organization on a variety of topics including land use, sustainability, resiliency, economic development, transportation, technology and other related policy topics. The Office furthers the City’s goals of integration of user-centered solutions, data-driven decisions, and developing an environment of continuous learning and improvement. The Office collaborates with outside agencies and regional and national organizations to accomplish these objectives.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in information management, project management, public or business administration, city or urban planning or development, or a closely related field. A Master’s degree is desirable.
Three years of increasingly responsible experience in project management, the use and implementation of technology, statistical and policy analysis, and public administration. An understanding of, or experience in, land use planning is desired.
This individual must have the ability to build positive relations through collaboration and diplomacy and should be able to communicate at all levels.
For job description and details, please visit our website at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/elkgrove
Filing Deadline/Important Dates: March 25, 2019
The City of Elk Grove is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and professionalism.