Rideshare/TDM Program Coordinator
The Rideshare/TDM Program Coordinator is responsible for carrying out the day-to-day management of the Rideshare Etc. Program, which promotes alternatives to driving alone. The program serves commuters in a 48-county area of central and southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois. The goal of the program is to reduce congestion and pollution and to help provide commuters travel options and personal transportation cost savings. This position also supports the urban and regional transportation planning work of the Regional Transportation Planning Services Section of the City's Planning Division, which staffs the Madison Area Transportation Planning Board (MATPB) – A Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO). The work involves direct contacts with potential program participants and working with regional employers and state and local agency staff involved in transportation demand management (TDM)/ridesharing promotion activities and programs. The work also involves development and implementation of marketing and public outreach activities to promote commute options. Other responsibilities include providing assistance to other MPO staff in the preparation of regional transportation plans and studies.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities
Develop and implement the Rideshare Etc. Program
- Maintain the Rideshare Etc. database and website, which includes overseeing individual commuter information, Guaranteed Ride Home program participants, vanpool routes, park-and-ride lots, Bicycle Buddies program participants, and other transportation options information.
- Provide matching services for car- and vanpool formation and other commute options information via 266-RIDE and online through the Rideshare Etc. program website and email, as well as directly with employees at special events.
- Maintain the rideshare/commute options management computer software program and the Rideshare Etc. website.
- Develop and distribute marketing materials, including brochures, flyers, displays, and other materials. Develop online and print messaging. Work to increase the availability of information and materials in languages beyond English.
- Measure and document program efforts and results, including new registrants and rideshare matches.
- Attend community and organizational events, provide presentations to stakeholders, and staff information tables/booths.
- Perform research on potential new initiatives and programs and make recommendations on new program opportunities.
Implement TDM/ridesharing programs for major public and private employers.
- Provide information on and promote commute options to employees via on-site visits, presentations and through distribution of marketing materials and information.
- Establish contacts with businesses, community groups and other stakeholders to raise awareness and promote participation in TDM and active transportation initiatives.
- Provide employers with transportation options information, marketing materials, and support for developing incentives. Produce employer newsletter to keep employer contacts informed on transportation option news and events.
- Assist businesses in developing TDM programs tailored to their individual work site and employees. Provide support to businesses for ongoing implementation of TDM programs. Conduct employee TDM surveys and compile results.
Coordinate the TDM/commute options program activities of public and non-profit agencies within Dane County
- Direct and oversee activities of the TDM Coordinating Committee. Work with committee members to maintain up-to-date information on transit and vanpool routes, and bicycle amenities, and administer commute option incentives, including the Guaranteed Ride Home program.
- Work with Dane County staff to manage commute options incentive programs for Dane County employees.
- Coordinate and implement the committee's annual advertising campaign and oversee the budget.
- Develop and coordinate transportation options encouragement programs such as the Love to Ride Business Challenge. Assist partners with events such as Bike Week and the MPower Sustainability program.
- Work with partners to research and develop new programs, incentives and promotional strategies and materials to promote transportation options which increase services to under-represented communities.
- Assist in efforts to promote active transportation to and from school through the Dane County and other local Safe Routes to School programs.
Provide assistance in the preparation of the Regional Transportation Plan and other plans and studies, including in particular those for public transit and bicycle and pedestrian transportation.
- Develop and maintain transportation planning information systems and data bases to support TDM/ridesharing and planning activities.
- Prepare data, maps, graphics, and text to be incorporated into plan and study documents. Participate on staff teams related to plans and studies.
Provide assistance to City of Madison and other local communities as needed in the development of TDM programs and review of TDM plans.
- Assist with the formation and support of Transportation Management Associations (TMAs) for employment areas.
- Conduct research and provide information and assistance as needed to the City of Madison and other local communities in developing and implementing TDM ordinances and programs.
- Review and evaluate TDM plans. Provide evaluation and comments to local staff and committees. Assist with ongoing review of approved TDM plans.
- Provide support to the City of Madison and other communities as needed for the creation of Transportation Management Associations, including preparing reports.
- Perform other related work as required.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in Urban Studies, Urban and Regional Planning, Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Geography or other related field.
If an applicant does not possess the specific requirements outlined above, HR will review the application materials to determine if the applicant possesses the following equivalent experience:
Two (2) years of experience applying the following:
- Applicable travel demand management (TDM) practices and techniques and/or land use/transportation planning principles, practices, and methodologies.
- Data collection methods and analysis techniques related to TDM and/or land use/transportation planning.
- Computers and computer software applicable to the duties of the position such as Adobe Creative Suite software (InDesign, Illustrator, and Acrobat Pro) or other graphics software, and Microsoft Office Suite software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).