Project Manager - Strategic Investments Group
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Your Role: The Project Manager will work to develop the New York City economy and make the City more business friendly by overseeing and managing real estate and financing transactions. The Project Manager may work on projects in tax incentives, bond financing, NMTC financing, loan funds or other relevant development finance tools, and will perform financial analysis and assist in developing deal structures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing financing transactions, including scheduling and coordinating resources of staff from other NYCEDC departments
- Reviewing applications for financial assistance from for-profit and not-for-profit clients, conducting financial analysis of applicant projects, conducting site visits, and facilitating other due diligence, including environmental, legal and background checks Using judgement and learned understanding of financial assistance programs to determine whether applicants are eligible for requested financial assistance, clearly communicate informed judgments to senior staff
- Developing a thorough understanding of tax incentive and tax-exempt bond financing programs that are available through the New York City Industrial Development Agency and the Build New York City Resource Corporation, respectively, and then being able to communicate this information to potential applicants
- Analyzing and presenting findings and recommendations to project teams, senior staff and independent Board of Directors in written and verbal form and brief senior officials of EDC and other City agencies on project statuses
- Advise members of the real estate and business communities about incentives and programs available in New York City Design, research, and assist in the administration of new NYCEDC financial assistance programs; perform research and due diligence on new financial program design
- Collaborate with colleagues in other departments in EDC to develop new financial products and programs
- Oral and written communication advocating for, or presenting to, government stakeholders (Board of Directors members, internal decision makers) on financial assistance proposals and new program designs.
- Familiarity with NYC government and an understanding of economic development concepts, theories and issues;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in economics, business, finance, real estate or related subject area
- 2-4 years of experience in relevant field (Finance, Real Estate, Public Policy, Urban Planning, City or State agency)
- Proven strength in use of spreadsheet, database, and presentation applications including Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including public speaking
- Ability to prioritize competing needs and opportunities
- Understanding of economic development issues
- Project management experience
- Ability to work in a team-based environment as well as working independently
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- NYC residency is required within 180 days of hire
About NYCEDC: The New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC) is a non-profit organization that reports to the Deputy Mayor for Economic Development and Rebuilding. The NYCEDC is charged with encouraging economic growth in New York City through a variety of means, including facilitating real estate development, improving infrastructure, attracting and retaining businesses, and conducting economic research and analysis. Additional information on NYCEDC can be found by visiting http://www.nycedc.com/.