Planner/ Designer – Entry to Mid-Level
The Lakota Group is a progressive, award-winning firm providing professional services in Planning, Urban Design, Landscape Architecture, and Historic Preservation. Lakota’s professionals are widely recognized for their large and small-scale planning and urban design projects and expertise in community engagement and consensus-building for both public and private sector clients. Lakota’s work portfolio includes community comprehensive plans, downtowns and Main Street districts, commercial corridors, neighborhoods, parks and greenways, streetscapes and public spaces, waterfronts and river corridors, transit-oriented development projects, historic preservation plans, medical districts and mixed-use developments.
Planner/ Designer – Entry to mid-Level
Experience required: 1-5 years
The Lakota Group is seeking an entry to mid-level Planner with 1-5 years of professional work experience. All candidates should be highly creative self-starters with a passion for the planning profession and a desire to learn and grow into the business at all levels.
- Work on projects concurrently and adjust to dynamic project needs, depending on project type or scale
- Assist managers to ensure the successful completion of projects
- Promote teamwork among other Lakota team members
- Participate in professional organizations
- Take on internal operations roles to enhance Lakota’s key capabilities
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to articulate concepts both graphically and verbally
- Proficiency in GIS and Adobe Creative and Microsoft Office Suites
- Minimum Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Urban Design, Landscape Architecture, or a related field
- Preferred: Master’s degree in Planning, Urban Design, Landscape Architecture, or a related field
- Preferred: AICP and any additional accreditations
Lakota offers a progressive and flexible working environment where team collaboration is fostered and individual growth supported.
Please send your resume and PDF portfolio to:
Attn: Marisa Schulz, Vice President
The Lakota Group
116 W. Illinois Street
Chicago, IL 60654