LMN is an internationally recognized design practice made up of architects, interior designers, urban designers, and planners who are passionate about design and dedicated to collaboration. We are a single office made up of 150 diverse individuals located in downtown Seattle. Our focus is on creating buildings and places that enrich communities and the public realm across a diversity of project types—including urban design, planning, education, convention centers, performing arts, commercial mixed-use, high-rise residential, and transit facilities.
This is not the typical urban design position, and we are not seeking the traditional urban designer. We are seeking outstanding candidates for the position of Urban Designer/Planner who are equally passionate about urban systems as they are about design details, have a strong planning and design sensibility, and thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced design process. We are a small-but-growing team in a large office looking for someone who is self-motivated and anxious to advance people-centric design in a variety of contexts and scales. Specifically, the candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
- Work across traditional planning and urban design boundaries on project types ranging from street and corridor planning and design, infrastructure planning and design, public space design, land use planning, development feasibility and master planning, and architecture.
- Contribute to the planning and design development for complex, large-scale projects within an urban context.
- Provide planning and urban design support to architecture teams. This includes code analysis, GIS analysis and mapping, feasibility analyses, and design development.
- Facilitate and coordinate with the larger project teams including multiple public agencies, consultants, owner, and contractor.
- Contribute to team effort through the spirit of collaboration.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree(s) in planning, landscape architecture, or architecture.
- 1-4 years of experience in a range of planning and urban design contexts.
- Proficiency with emerging design and visualization technologies.
- Knowledge of planning history, theory, and contemporary planning best practices.
- Experience with zoning analysis, the entitlement process, and public involvement.
- Proficiency across the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Rhino proficiency strongly preferred. Familiarity with Revit a plus.
- Proficiency with ArcGIS and/or other spatial analysis and mapping tools.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and analytical skills.
More information on LMN is available on our website at www.lmnarchitects.com
Qualified candidates should submit a single .pdf (less than 12MB) including a cover letter, resume and sample portfolio via email to LMNemployment@LMNarchitects.com. Please include your name and “Urban Designer” in the subject line.