Assistant Planner or Planner
Urban Planning Partners (UPP) seeks an Assistant Planner or Planner with the following qualifications and skills to support two or more project managers:
- 1–2 years professional planning experience (CEQA knowledge and public sector
experience desirable) with a demonstrated understanding of the planning process.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably from an accredited planning program. Alternatively, a degree focused on city/urban planning, community development, environmental studies, or related field.
- Excellent writing/editing, research and analysis (qualitative and quantitative), and communication skills.
- Strong word processing and Excel abilities. Working knowledge of Adobe CS and/or GIS is desirable.
- The ideal candidate should be flexible, detail-oriented, and have excellent time management and organizational skills. S/he should have the ability to take initiative, be a problem solver, and work in a fast-paced and professional environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and willingness to do what is needed to get the job done—this is critical in a small boutique firm, everyone does everything.
- Legal eligibility to work in the U.S. and a current driver’s license.
Urban Planning Partners
At UPP, we help create better places in partnership with our clients and the communities where we work. We are actively seeking talented people to join an empowered and collaborative employee environment. Located in downtown Oakland, we provide land use planning policy, community engagement, and environmental review consulting services on large complex projects throughout the Bay Area and Northern California.
We credit the success of our projects and the satisfaction of clients to our amazing staff and commitment to our core values: we care, collaborate, and reach, and we are real. UPP has become – and remains – a vital and respected firm, despite our comparatively small size (staff of 12). Come join our team!
For permanent full-time employees, UPP offers excellent benefits (vacation, sick, and holiday pay; medical, dental, group life, and long-term disability insurance plans; Clipper subsidy; 401k with 3% company contribution, profit sharing, and employee referral bonus program. UPP is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply and be considered, please follow these instructions:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a single PDF file that includes your cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, express why you are interested in UPP and are a great fit for this position.
No phone calls please.
Thanks and Good Luck!