Senior Radio Frequency Compliance Engineer
As a Senior Radio Frequency Compliance Engineer, you will be an integral part of the regulatory compliance team. You must be a technical leader and subject matter expert with a deep working knowledge of FCC EME compliance guidelines and wireless technology including radio hardware and base stations. You must have a strong understanding of the regulatory compliance scheme for telecommunications and the processes required to determine relevant compliance. You will work independently but in conjunction with the site acquisition and construction teams to monitor wireless facility operational safety and compliance.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Perform RF projections and field studies through theoretical modeling to determine compliance of wireless facilities with FCC OET Bulletin 65 Edition 97-01 general and occupational exposure limits.
- Generate RF emission safety and regulatory compliance reports that meet jurisdictional scrutiny and FCC standards.
- Participate in mechanical and electrical design reviews to ensure EME mitigations are properly implemented in the design as needed.
- Attend and present RF Compliance Report findings at community meetings and/or public hearings to non-technical members of the public.
- Establish and maintain guidelines and best design practices to mitigate any compliance issues early in the design phase.
- Liaise with non-technical staff communicating technical information and providing regulatory guidance.
- Manage and prioritize high volume of RF compliance reports to meet project schedules and projected deadlines.
- Complete post-installation and operational EME compliance testing as needed pursuant to conditions of approval to validate facility safety and compliance with FCC emissions guidelines.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related major, plus at least 10 years of direct experience working in RF/EME testing.
- Registered P.E. in electrical engineering in California.
- Expert understanding of RF/EME related technology and equipment including RF Antennas and radios.
- Excellent public speaking skills with the ability to explain engineering findings to non-technical members of the public.
- Knowledge of electronics design, safety, risk and failure analysis.
- Organized, critical thinker, that is both detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to move quickly and multitask in an ambiguous and fast pace environment.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with people in a variety of disciplines though all levels of an organization
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes performance bonuses, paid time off, company sponsored health insurance plan (medical/dental/vision), life & disability insurance, commuter benefits, and 401(k) plan.