Land Use Planning Intern
ABOUT MODUS: Established in 2005, Modus is an industry leader in wireless site development across the western United States. Our services include site acquisition, land use planning, architecture and engineering, and construction.
JOB DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Modus is currently searching for highly talented and driven Land Use Planning Interns (full-time or part-time) to support the Project teams at our downtown San Francisco headquarters to gain local land use planning knowledge as it relates to the wireless telecommunication industry. Interns will perform or assist with the following:
- Conducting research and reviewing multiple jurisdictional zoning ordinances as it pertains to wireless telecommunication facilities.
- Preparing preliminary zoning/permitting analyses in accordance with jurisdictional requirements.
- Providing site-specific design, zoning & permitting analyses for selected sites.
- Preparing zoning and permit applications.
- Reviewing architectural drawings and other zoning collateral.
- Working diligently to expedite jurisdictional approval processes & project timelines.
- Attending and presenting at site design visits, community meetings and hearings.
Work will be split between office and field.
Dynamic and fast-paced team-based projects.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Self-motivated and have an uncompromising work ethic.
- Strong knowledge and interest in Urban Planning.
- Strong research and analytic skills.
- Highly organized and have a talent for multi-tasking.
- Possess superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to define and meet individual and team oriented project goals.
- Enrollment in a degree in Urban & Regional Planning or Graphic Design or a related field.
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a car (preferred, but not required).
- Strong computer skills utilizing MS Outlook, and reports in MS Excel.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates should provide a resume that details either education or experience related to local government, environmental studies, urban planning or real estate development. Motivation and integrity are more important than experience.