Planning/ Urban Design Professional
To perform in this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works on a full range of assignments in supporting the delivery of all project phases on schedule
- Demonstrates creative thinking abilities and problem solving.
- Displays ability to grasp design concepts and express graphically.
- Compiles data and performs elementary design computations.
- Performs benchmarking research on programming, comparable projects and images.
- Develops solutions to design and technical problems following established standards.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects
- Assists in the development of presentations, design studies and project visualizations in 2D and 3D.
- Builds models for client/project team review.
- Continually contributes to the upgrade of the design process, working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams and consultants
- Displays beginning level understanding of HOK design process, marketing process and supports interview and proposal preparation.
- Displays beginning level understanding of Agreements to work within budget, schedule, work plan and client constraints.
- Assures HOK document standards are met and archives documents appropriately.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Actively promotes collaborative and innovative culture.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in urban design, planning or architecture plus 0 to 3years’ experience; or equivalent in appropriate education and experience required. Master’s degree in urban design or planning may also be required.
- LEED credential required within 12 months of employment, LEED ND preferred.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, GIS, Rhino, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Proficiency in BIM, Revit preferred.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.