RENAISSANCE COVINGTON - COMPANY OVERVIEW
Renaissance Covington is a 501(c)3 non-profit dedicated to the revitalization of urban Covington through public art, events, and small business support. Renaissance Covington employs a small team that is busy (and getting busier) and needs your help. This position reports to the Renaissance Covington Board of Directors Executive Committee and offers a chance to dig right into the world of non-profit. You will have your hands in everything Renaissance Covington does, from working on social media to working events (and literally everything in between). If you are passionate, dedicated, and have a sense of humor, Renaissance Covington would love to meet you.
POSITION DESCRIPTION FOR EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR:
Renaissance Covington is seeking a Executive Director of Renaissance Covington serves as a full-time advocate for downtown and as an authority on information, resources, and programs related to the revitalization efforts which adhere to the National Main Street Four Point approach of design, organization, promotions, and economic vitality. RCOV operates off a 5-year Strategic Plan last updated in 2018. Major 2018 Programs and initiatives include the Covington Farmer’s Market, Downtown Public Wifi, the Madhatter Park, NKY Pride, Pike Street Stroll, the Covington Night Bazaar and various other placemaking events throughout the year. RCOV is a member of the KY Main Street Program. RCOV is committed to making downtown Covington a welcoming place for all.
The Executive Director works closely with the City of Covington Department of Economic Development, Historic Preservation, and other departments as necessary, as well as other organizations that work and advocate for the residents and commerce of the Renaissance District. The ED also works in collaboration with the City and other organizations in outlying neighborhood and economic districts as opportunities arise. This position will have limited supervision and reports to the Renaissance Covington Board of Directors Executive Committee. The ED directly manages a small staff of part-time employees.
- Under the guidance of the RCOV Strategic Plan, coordinate activities, programs and events for the Renaissance Covington organization and its committees.
- Manages all administrative aspects of the organization including, but not limited to, accounting, purchasing, record-keeping, contract management, budget development and grant writing.
- Maintain and enhance strong and productive relationships with City staff, elected officials, other appropriate agencies and private business owners.
- Complete and keep up-to-date all paperwork required for Main Street Accreditation through the State office.
- Supervise RCOV Staff.
- Maintain office space and guide physical improvements as the organization grows.
- Develop and execute an Annual Fundraising Plan for the Organization.
- Identify and apply for grants as opportunities arise.
- Meet with potential corporate and individual funders.
- Bachelor Degree in planning, marketing, communications, public relations, business, preservation, or related field and a minimum of 5-years of experience in building public-private partnerships between government, residential and commercial entities or a combination of experience and education.
- Experience managing a Non-Profit, 501(c)3 organization.
- Event-planning, social media and promotions, Main Street 4-point approach and strong technical skills are all beneficial.
- Ability to find creative solutions to public problems and the skill to turn solutions into programs with measurable results.