We think big! The future of our cities is more than just an incremental improvement on today – it is a transformational change. Code Studio needs your design and creative problem-solving skills to help us manage our growing practice. For more information about Code Studio, check out www.code-studio.com
We are looking for a talented urban designer with a background in solving complex urban design and planning issues. Ideal candidates will have between 3-7 years of experience after graduation, including work in private consulting to cities. A background in architecture and planning will be necessary for this position.
- Urban design and precedent research
- Site analysis and existing conditions documentation
- Analysis and concept diagrams
- Site plans and area mapping
- Illustrative plans, sections and perspective renderings, both hand and digital
- Form-based code drafting and interpretation
- Preparation of presentations and production of planning and urban design studies
- Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination
What you will need to succeed:
- 3 to 7 years working experience after graduation
- Degree in urban design, architecture or landscape architecture
- Background or experience in urban planning
- Candidates with a master’s degree or dual degrees in both architecture and urban design or planning are strongly encouraged to apply
- Strong Sketch-Up skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent computer rendering, massing and other graphic visualization skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with multidisciplinary and multi-cultured design teams
- Working experience with a variety of client types including public agencies, developer and institutional organizations
Salary is negotiable but includes health insurance, paid time off and holidays, as well as an annual performance bonus.
What would you bring to the firm? Tell us about your skills and passion. Send your thoughts, your resume and a portfolio (or link to one) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know your salary expectations. No calls please. . .
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Code Studio is an equal opportunity employer.