Senior Associate, Electrification
The Institute for Transportation and Development Policy (ITDP) promotes sustainable and equitable transport worldwide. ITDP is a nonprofit organization headquartered in New York City with offices in Africa, Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Mexico and the United States. ITDP’s programs focus on bus rapid transit, non-motorized travel, travel demand management, parking, transport policy and urban development. More information about ITDP can be found at www.itdp.org.
The Senior Associate, Electrification will work at ITDP’s New York City headquarters and focus on analytics and research related to ITDP’s growing portfolio of work on electrification with an emphasis on public mass transit and micro transit. The Senior Associate will work with staff across a global organization and develop case studies, webinars and contribute research for external publication.
The Senior Associate will be expected to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with senior leadership, program staff across the organization, consultants, partners and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate has strong knowledge of and a passion for public and shared mass transit and micro transit.
- Provide analytic support to ITDP’s electrification program through research and other data sets with an emphasis on public mass and micro transit.
- Manage all aspects of projects including budgets, consultants, and production of materials with a goal of external publication.
- Develop and write compelling content on electrification for internal and external audiences.
- Present ITDP’s work externally at conferences and seminars.
- Develop content for webinars and other training for staff within ITDP and for external audiences.
- Serve an in-house expert on electrification, working with staff across an international organizational.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of related experience in sustainable transport and mass transit and micro transit, nonprofit experience a plus.
- Demonstrated management of multiple complex projects in a fast-paced team environment paired with the ability to meet critical deadlines; this includes managing timelines and coordinating with a diverse group that will include but not be limited to staff, consultants and partners.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills needed to initiate and prepare reports and recommend/implement solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and successfully interact with people at all levels across the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, including the ability to edit and critique writing.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems, analyze quantitative and qualitative information and make recommendations.
- Strong public speaking skills; a polished and professional presenter of ideas.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work activities to meet deadlines and ensure high quality work products.
- Accomplishments that reflect teamwork, integrity, effectiveness, and efficiency -including the ability to influence and bring about consensus and to work independently.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to create visually appealing presentations and documents; Adobe InDesign experience a plus.
- To apply please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Senior Associate, Electrification” in the subject line. Interviews will be conducted in January 2019. No phone calls, please.
ITDP is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or active military status, alienage or citizenship status, arrest or conviction record, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or partnership status, familial status, unemployment status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or any other status protected by applicable law