Manager, New Initiatives
The Institute for Transportation and Development Policy (ITDP) promotes sustainable and equitable transport worldwide. ITDP is a nonprofit organization headquartered in New York City with offices in Africa, Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Mexico and the United States. ITDP’s programs focus on bus rapid transit, non-motorized travel, travel demand management, parking, transport policy and urban development. More information about ITDP can be found at www.itdp.org.
The Manager, New Initiatives will work at ITDP’s New York City headquarters and help manage ITDP’s growing portfolio of work on electrification, new mobility and finance. In this cross-functional role, the Manager will manage outside consultants, bring together research and work from internal team members around the world and manage projects with a goal of external publication.
The Manager, New Initiatives will report to the CEO. S/he will be expected to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with senior leadership, program staff across the organization internationally, consultants, partners and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate is an experienced project manager and creative thinker with strong communication skills who has a passion for sustainable transport and new transportation technology.
- Provide direction, coordination and oversight of consultants supporting electrification work and other new initiatives.
- Lead the coordination of work in areas of new mobility strategies such as parking pricing, congestion charging, and other forms of pricing mechanisms which can help steer the growth of new forms of mobility; coordinate data analysis, research, literature reviews and engage internal and external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Provide support to the CEO on a range of new initiatives including research, tracking trends and preparing presentations.
- Support the CEO with maintenance of external partnerships.
- Coordinate cross-divisional teams and working groups, comprised of program staff across the organization, including internationally, to achieve desired outcomes in new mobility and new initiatives.
- Lead independent research and analysis of issues and topics pertinent to new initiatives and make recommendations for action when appropriate; track and summarize current industry practices, trends and issues impacting sustainable transit,
- as relevant.
- Help manage relevant budgets and grant reports and proposals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5-7 years of related experience in sustainable transport and new mobility, nonprofit experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree in a related field a plus.
- Demonstrated management of multiple complex projects in a fast-paced team environment paired with the ability to meet critical deadlines; this includes managing timelines and coordinating with a diverse group that will include but not be limited to staff, consultants and partners.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills needed to initiate and prepare reports and recommend/implement solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and successfully interact with people at all levels across the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, including the ability to edit and critique writing.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems, analyze quantitative and qualitative information and make recommendations.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work activities to meet deadlines and ensure high quality work products.
- Accomplishments that reflect teamwork, integrity, effectiveness, and efficiency - including the ability to influence and bring about consensus and to work independently.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to create visually appealing presentations and documents; Adobe InDesign experience a plus.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Manager, New Initiatives” in the subject line. Interviews will be conducted in January 2019. No phone calls, please.
ITDP is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or active military status, alienage or citizenship status, arrest or conviction record, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or partnership status, familial status, unemployment status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or any other status protected by applicable law.