Community Development Administrator
Reporting to and with direction from the Deputy Director - Planning and Policy, the incumbent supports the Department administration with leadership and management skills applied to plans, projects and programs across the Department, Division and City. As administrator, the incumbent provides vision, leadership and direct supervision to staff in developing and implementing projects while managing the Department’s data analysis resources, including the GIS and related services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides vision and leadership toward the development of plans, policies, and projects intended to implement the City’s Comprehensive Plan;
- Establish clear project descriptions and corresponding tasks/schedules for completing Department projects that cover a variety of planning topics within the Comprehensive Plan;
- Leads and participates in a broad range of Community Development projects, plans and initiatives ensuring consideration for and application of innovative and leading-edge ideas that keep the City of Fort Wayne moving in a competitive direction;
- Administers GIS utilized by the Community Development Division and manages tasks and staff assignments related to development, maintenance and application;
- Coordinates and delegates project assignments and tasks in order to meet timelines and ensure quality;
- Supervises and manages a staff as described in the Supervisory Responsibilities section of this job description;