TIP Strategies is seeking qualified candidates to coordinate and execute a wide range of project-related activities. This position will play an integral role in supporting TIP’s economic development and workforce consulting practice by performing qualitative research, quantitative analysis, field work, and other project support. In addition, the project coordinator will contribute to the preparation of high-quality written reports, presentations, and other deliverables intended to communicate findings to clients and stakeholders.
Along with these duties, the successful candidate will contribute to business development and marketing efforts by researching trends and preparing engaging visualizations, coordinating client communications, maintaining presentations, and other materials. The position will require occasional travel. Candidates are not required to be based in Austin, Texas.
Specific responsibilities include
- Researching, analyzing, and visualizing primary and secondary data
- Preparing GIS-based maps and other data visualizations using various economic and demographic data sets
- Designing, managing, and analyzing data collection efforts, including surveys
- Supporting field work activities, including focus groups and interviews
- Researching best practices
- Summarizing key findings from research and drafting content for client deliverables
- Performing some document/report management tasks, such as formatting, copy-editing, proofing, and writing
Desired Skills and Experience
- A demonstrated understanding of how national/global trends impact economic development at the local/regional level.
- A demonstrated ability to understand, visualize, and summarize in-depth economic data with accuracy and precision.
- Excellent written and analytical skills. (Verbal communication and presentation skills a plus)
- An aptitude for writing in depth and at a summary level
- Ability to manage priorities effectively and independently to meet project milestones in a timely manner.
- Experience using GIS and data visualization software—particularly ESRI and Tableau.
- Fluent use of MS Office Suite—including Word, PowerPoint, and (especially) Excel.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., economics, public policy, urban planning, economic development, geography, or other related degree). A master’s degree in a related field is preferred. Also, consideration will be given to a combination of education and experience that has been achieved and is equivalent to the stated education and experience and required knowledge, skills, and abilities sufficient to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this job.
Since writing and analytical skills are critical to this position, candidates may be asked to complete an analytical exercise and prepare a summary of findings as part of the interview process.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to address below. The subject line of the email should be the position title you are applying for. Please name your resume LAST NAME_FIRST NAME.
About TIP Strategies
Established in 1995, TIP Strategies, Inc. has worked with communities throughout the country to develop innovative, publicly supported economic development strategies. Our team members have experience with a variety of clients across the United States, including cities, counties, chambers of commerce, economic development organizations, regional planning organizations, and workforce development boards. While our demographic and industry analyses serve as the foundation for our strategic plans, we pride ourselves on our ability to think creatively—we develop a vision that is supported by the data, but not driven by it. Our approach places a premium on well-informed decision-making, sound planning practices, and a commitment to the future.