Economic Development Consultant
TIP Strategies is seeking qualified candidates to serve as an economic development consultant. Consultants are involved in all aspects of projects including scope of work definition, client management, research and analysis, site visits, focus group and interview facilitation, strategy development, and production of deliverables to clients. Deliverables are in the form of presentations and professional reports. The position requires travel. Candidates are not required to be based in Austin, Texas.
The right candidate will be passionate about and successful in:
- Crafting creative strategies to foster economic growth, workforce development, and tax base diversification.
- Engaging a wide-range of stakeholders, synthesizing input, and effectively managing expectations.
- Researching and identifying best practices for addressing local, regional, and state economic challenges.
- Working both independently and in highly collaborative environments.
- Applying consistent attention to detail to produce highly professional work products.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A master’s degree in economics, economic development, workforce development, real estate, urban planning, public policy or some combination of these areas.
- A demonstrated ability to interpret and explain in-depth economic data for non-technical audiences, both orally and in writing.
- A demonstrated ability to write clear, engaging content for both detailed reports and summary presentations.
- A strong personal presence, with professional presentation and communications skills.
- Ability to manage priorities effectively and independently to meet project milestones in a timely manner.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and client relationships with ease.
- Two to three years of prior consulting experience, including developing strategies and recommendations, producing professional reports, and managing client relationships.
- Experience working for an economic development organization is preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office Suite—particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Since writing and presentation skills are critical to this position, candidates may be asked to demonstrate these abilities in exercises or tasks as part of the interview process.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to the address listed below. The subject line of the email should be the position title you are applying for. Please name your resume LAST NAME_FIRST NAME.
About TIP Strategies
Established in 1995, TIP Strategies, Inc. has worked with communities throughout the country to develop innovative, publicly supported economic development strategies. Our team members have experience with a variety of clients across the United States, including cities, counties, chambers of commerce, economic development organizations, regional planning organizations, and workforce development boards. While our demographic and industry analyses serve as the foundation for our strategic plans, we pride ourselves on our ability to think creatively—we develop a vision that is supported by the data, but not driven by it. Our approach places a premium on well-informed decision-making, sound planning practices, and a commitment to the future.