Founded in 1991, Consensus Planning provides planning, landscape architectural, and urban design services throughout New Mexico and the region. Our office is in Downtown Albuquerque. We utilize a collaborative approach that builds upon our reputation and commitment to our profession and the community while adding value to our clients’ projects.
Consensus Planning is seeking a dynamic planner that will bring enthusiasm, skills, and a thoughtful approach to both public and private sector planning projects. Our planning projects range from a simple zone change or site plan to complex, multi-faceted neighborhoods and a wide range of community plans. Our Team has the expertise and confidence to handle any size project and we are looking for someone that adds value and passion to our existing team.
Assist with the development of long range, master plan, neighborhood documents, zoning, and site development plans. Coordinate with planners, landscape architects, architects, engineers, governmental agencies, and community members. Research and analyze quantitative and qualitative data, including census data, surveys, and development and zoning codes. Coordination and processing of local government submittals and approval processes. Perform technical analyses and write zoning justification letters, technical reports, and long-range planning documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Community and Regional Planning or related field – Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience (preferably some private sector experience) for Planner position; minimum of 5 years for Senior Planner position
- Management experience a plus for Senior Planner position
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and meet project deadlines
- Knowledge of and expertise using software programs including Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, and PowerPoint
- Availability for occasional overnight travel and evening meetings
- Applicant must have a valid driver’s license and be capable of driving a rental car
- Certified planner (AICP) or be willing to take the exam within the first year of employment for both positions
Additional Experience, not required, but a plus:
- Urban design
- Graphic communication (sketching, mapping, etc.)
- ArcView GIS
Benefits include a competitive salary; 401k plan and retirement/profit sharing plan; professional membership dues; professional development; paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave; and health and dental insurance.
Please submit a letter of interest (with salary expectation), resume, writing/work sample(s), and a confidential list of references to Jim Strozier, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our website at www.consensusplanning.com for more information on the firm and our projects.