Senior Planner/Project Manager
ABOUT RAIMI + ASSOCIATES
Raimi + Associates is a multidisciplinary planning, policy, urban design, and research firm with offices in Berkeley, Los Angeles, and Riverside, CA. We are advocates, collaborators, organizers, and pioneers committed to creating healthy and resilient places. We bring a multidisciplinary approach to planning, design, policy and applied research. To address the complexity of communities, R+A integrates interrelated disciplines — land use and urban design, sustainability and green building, public health and equity, and community engagement — into planning and applied research efforts.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
We are seeking a Senior Planner (5 to 10 years of experience) to join our growing practice in our Los Angeles office. The position offers the opportunity to take on a range of responsibilities, including project management and leading physical planning, policy writing, and community engagement. The ideal candidate should be an independent self‐starter who enjoys a casual and fun work environment but can multi‐task and remain organized and focused within the fast‐paced demands of consulting. People of color and candidates with diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Fluency in spoken and/or written Spanish is desired, but not required. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a cover letter, resume, and relevant work products (10 pages max) as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Managing day‐to‐day project activities, including client communication, deliverable schedules, work products and the work of other staff members and subconsultants.
- Making significant contributions to a variety of planning efforts, such as General Plans, Specific Plans, community plans, and/or zoning codes
- Writing, research, and policy development for planning documents
- Developing and assisting with public engagement activities, including workshops, focus groups, and advisory committees
- Business development, including writing proposals and advanced marketing
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to work independently in a fast‐paced environment
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Planning, Urban Design, Architecture or closely related field
- Minimum of 5‐7 years of relevant work experience in the planning field. A significant proportion of the experience must be work completed in California
- Experience working on a variety of planning projects including General Plans, Specific Plans, zoning codes, and other planning documents
- Experience working on public engagement programs in diverse communities
- Proven ability to lead a team of staff members and/or subconsultants
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative data analysis, mapping, and design
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite for graphic design, document layout, and diagram development