Commercial Corridor Revitalization Program/Project Manager
TITLE: Commercial Corridor Revitalization Program/Project Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Real Estate Development & Planning
DIRECT REPORTS: None
REVISED: November 2018
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBLITIES
The Commercial Corridor Revitalization Program/Project Manager is responsible for NORA’s Commercial Revitalization portfolio, including primary responsibility for the design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the Façade RENEW and the Citywide Commercial Corridor Development programs. Façade RENEW is NORA’s existing façade improvement grant program that stimulates public-private investments to enhance the appearance of retail districts. The Citywide Commercial Corridor Development Program is a new program that will enhance neighborhood economic development through corridor-based revitalization planning and development, in partnership with existing and new Main Street organizations in New Orleans, as well as the Mayor’s Office of Economic Development and the New Orleans Business Alliance (NOLABA).
The Program/Project Manager facilitates resource development opportunities, including the identification of, and submittal of applications to, potential funders, and ensures that the programs and projects are compliant with the terms of NORA’s contractual agreements with federal, state, city and other funding sources.
- Manage commercial corridor revitalization grant programs from application through close-out, serving as the point of contact for all applicants and any technical assistance providers
- Manage program budgets
- Develop and evaluate a qualified applicant pool
- Manage project budgets, contracts, and billing
- Process draw and payment requests
- Manage design technical assistance providers
- Monitor individual grantee progress and performance throughout project development and compliance period
- Report on overall program performance to NORA leadership and related agencies
- Develop commercial corridor planning studies and reports
- Consult with colleagues working on commercial corridor revitalization in other cities
- Develop funding applications and financial partnerships to support the Façade RENEW and Citywide Commercial Corridor Development programs
To perform this job successfully, incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Bachelor’s degree required, major or concentration in architecture, urban design, urban planning, historic preservation, economic development, public administration, finance, real estate development or other field related to economic and/or community design and development is preferred. Master’s degree preferred.
A minimum of 3-5 years work experience in the aforementioned disciplines or a related field.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated success in and/or possess the following skills:
- Strong presentation skills and customer service skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to foster and maintain relationships with Main Streets, merchant and business associations, small business and property owners, and local economic development officials
- Demonstrated ability to lead, collaborate and work as a member of a highly motivated and professional team.
- Detail-oriented and well-organized
- Concurrent management of multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to implement programs and projects on an aggressive timeline
- Ability to read construction documents and facilitate entitlement process
- Management of external contractors and consultants
- Basic to intermediate photography skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision
- Demonstrated ability to respect and maintain confidentiality whether written or verbal
- High standards of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in Microsoft Office and experience with web-based workflow and land management software, like The Davenport Group’s LAMA (Land Management)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Candidate must possess knowledge, skill and abilities necessary to successfully perform the essential duties of the position.
Licenses or Certificates Not applicable.
THE NEW ORLEANS REDEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, GENDER, AGE, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, CREED, CULTURE, OR ANCESTRY.
New Orleans Redevelopment Authority
1409 Oretha Castle Haley Boulevard
New Orleans, LA 70113