Closes: The position is open until filled with applications reviewed beginning Friday, November 9, 2018.
Status: Regular Full-time, 40 hours per week; Non-exempt FLSA status.
Salary: The starting salary range is $41,600 - $49,000 annually, DOE, with full benefits.
Location: Puget Sound Regional Council; Downtown – Seattle, Washington
The Puget Sound Regional Council is the regional transportation, growth management and economic development planning agency serving Seattle and the central Puget Sound. The thriving region is home to over 4 million people and is one of the nation’s fastest growing metropolitan areas. PSRC brings together the region’s diverse counties, cities and towns, native tribes, ports, the state of Washington and civic interests to understand the challenges facing our region’s future and make plans for the region to continue to succeed. The agency serves as the region’s Metropolitan Planning Organization and is the regional leader for growth management, transportation, and economic development under state and federal laws. Visit www.psrc.org to find out more. PSRC is an equal opportunity employer.
PSRC is seeking a Data Technician to perform a variety of data processing activities under general supervision. The position will provide general assistance and support of the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP), a list of current transportation projects within King, Kitsap, Pierce, and Snohomish counties. It will also provide assistance with other databases and data-related tasks for the Transportation Planning Division. This position will be responsible for a range of quantitative and qualitative work in supporting transportation planning and funding. This work will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
• Collecting, organizing, analyzing, and processing data submissions from external agency staff for inclusion in the TIP database.
• Assisting stakeholders in submitting data submissions.
• Assisting with quality control and ensuring that the data in the TIP meet all state and federal requirements.
• Quantitative analysis of data in PSRC databases.
• Preparation of TIP and other data for inclusion in an online web map and other visualization formats.
• Respond to periodic data requests using the TIP and other databases.
• Communicate PSRC’s TIP policies and funding requirements to external staff.
• Facilitate team review meetings.
The Data Technician will analyze, summarize, and validate data and prepare final reports and maps for presentation and publication. The position will also assist in providing staff support to advisory committees and perform other related duties as assigned.
At a minimum a candidate must possess:
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• The ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously.
• Technical proficiency and demonstrated experience using basic computer software such as Internet browsers and Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing, and work well with professionals, staff, and the public.
• Initiative with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• A willingness to learn, be receptive to feedback, and embrace continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
• Technical proficiency and demonstrated experience using in Microsoft Access and other database management systems, particularly in regard to the creation of queries of complex table relationships.
• General GIS skills including data entry and map production.
• An interest in local or regional government.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Bachelor’s or Associate degree.
• Experience in data management and processing is preferred.
• Or, any combination of education and experience that would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge, and ability required to perform the job.
• To be considered, applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and completed, signed PSRC application.
• The voluntary, confidential Equal Employment Opportunity, Applicant’s Invitation to Self-Identify – Veteran Status, and Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms are appreciated for applicant tracking purposes.
• For application materials, please visit http://www.psrc.org/about/careers.
• Completed materials can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 206-587-4825, or mailed to: Puget Sound Regional Council, attn.: HR, 1011 Western Ave., Suite 500, Seattle, WA 98104.