Milone & MacBroom, Inc. offers a full integration of specialty practices in community planning, civil engineering, water resources engineering, landscape architecture, water and wastewater engineering, transportation engineering, and construction administration to bring projects from the planning level through construction.
We are seeking an entry-level Planner to support senior staff in a team setting at our either our corporate office located in Cheshire, Connecticut or our New Haven, Connecticut branch office. The position will be responsible for analysis, preparation of reports and planning graphics, conducting public outreach, and developing recommendations on diverse and complex planning assignments.
Our planners approach every assignment with an appreciation for the uniqueness and vision of our clients and communities.
This position requires skills in the following:
- Understanding of the principles and practices of municipal planning and urban design
- Technical knowledge in demographic, housing, land use, and economic analysis related to planning activities
- Demonstrated experience in working with local officials, citizens, and nongovernmental organizations in the public outreach processes
- Critical thinking and strong communication skills (graphic, written, and interpersonal) are essential.
- Proficiency in Esri ArcGIS is a must.
- Efficient, thorough, detail oriented, and dedicated to quality work
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment across numerous disciplines
- A master's degree in planning or a closely related field and at least two years of experience in planning or urban design while gaining increasing responsibility are preferred.
- Well-developed ability to translate planning data into concise, easily understood materials for broad dissemination
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP)is highly desirable
- Quantitative analytical skills using Microsoft Excel and other related tools
Travel, attendance at evening meetings, and a driver's license are required.
We are committed to giving back to the community in which we live and work. We are a team of talented, committed, and energetic people who are motivated by challenge, diversity, and team success. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, opportunities for advancement including professional development, and a fast-paced working environment. Come join our team!
Position is open until filled. Submittals are kept in strict confidence.
To learn more about this opportunity, please submit your cover letter, resume, writing sample, and other relevant work samples to:
Milone & MacBroom, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.