Brailsford & Dunlavey is seeking a dynamic associate who will be based out of our DC office.
Ambitious, diverse, multidisciplinary, entrepreneurial: these are all words that describe our team. But what ties B&D employees together is our excitement and passion for advising our clients throughout the facility development process. Whether interviewing students on a college campus, touring classrooms in an elementary school, or sitting with fans on a stadium’s opening day, we are driven by our purpose to advance communities. It starts with our own B&D community; it starts with you.
The associate leads a project team that will perform advisory activities for one or more of the following client types: campus housing, intercollegiate athletics, campus recreation, student unions, arenas, stadiums, campus edge developments, independent and charter schools, or community recreation. Deliverables for advisory work may include site analysis, master planning, program development, project feasibility studies, financial modeling, business planning, market analysis, report writing, and giving presentations.
The associate is typically the primary interface with the client and is charged with effectively managing that relationship.
- Manages a portfolio of advisory assignments. Closely monitors his/her assignments and ensures successful and timely completion of project management tasks and responsibilities.
- Manages the financial and accounting requirements of assignments to include scope pricing, client invoicing and collection activities, and account reconciliation and closing. Ensures that receivables are accurate and current, and accounts are closed in a timely manner.
- Develops financial models and evaluates different financial structures.
- Develops, or directs the development of, consulting client deliverables to include research, analysis, writing, document review, or task management.
- Serves as the primary campus contact for clients, communicating as needed to ensure appropriate follow through.
- Actively participates in B&D’s business development activities to include assisting with marketing activities, generating new leads, and pursuing additional services opportunities.
- Maintains and stores all records, research and data related to assigned projects. Ensures the firm’s legal and fiduciary responsibilities are well documented.
- Directs quality control and client satisfaction activities specific to his/her assigned projects.
- Assists with the recruitment and training of new staff.
- Generates relevant reports or communicates pertinent information in a timely manner to owners, project executives, or other project managers and staff.
- Participates in all appropriate staff meetings and training programs.
- Assists with the company’s research and development efforts by identifying new analytical tools, strengthening existing models, or discovering improved ways of doing business.
- Performs other duties as assigned by project executives or principal.
The associate will supervise and direct a team of analysts and additional staff.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in business, economics, finance, urban planning, real estate management, or related field. Master's degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum five to seven years full-time advisory, project management, or related experience in a similar field.
- Must have experience and advanced knowledge of public private partnerships.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Office applications including Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to apply technological solutions to consulting or PM assignments.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects of significant scale.
- Ability to be productive in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional work environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent group facilitation and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Strong understanding of real estate, finance and accounting principles.
- Demonstrated commitment to client satisfaction and ethical business practices.
- Proven adaptability, flexibility, and creativity.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive within a team structure.
- Aptitude and desire for mentoring and training analysts.
Internal contacts include staff at all levels. External contacts include external customers and vendors.
Brailsford & Dunlavey is an equal opportunity employer.
Brailsford & Dunlavey participates in E-Verify.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Office environment; moderate noise.
- Occasional evening or weekend work.
- Frequent air and overnight travel is required.
- Office equipment/computers 8 hours per day.
- Sitting at a desk or table up to 6 hours per day.
- Standing or walking.
- Repetitive wrist, hand or finger movement (while operating computer equipment)
- Eye-Hand Coordination.
- Hearing and talking.
- Extended periods of reading fine print.
- Light to moderate bending, crouching, and stooping (filing)