Educational Facilities Planner
Educational Facilities Planner
Planning & Budget
Job #: 1808207
Full Time; Career
Starting Salary Range: $5,833.34-$7,083.34/monthly. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
UCSC strives to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened & productive environment.
Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced planning professional with a full understanding of industry practices and organization policies and procedures and full range of planning skills and expertise; resolves a wide range of issues. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Operates with considerable independence in concept planning, project definition and feasibility phases of major construction projects.
The Office of Planning and Budget is the principal staff arm of the Chancellor and Campus Provost/Executive Vice Chancellor in the areas of academic, capital, enrollment, financial planning, policy analysis, and fiscal administration. In this capacity, it develops and maintains relevant databases, provides analyses of policies and programs, assists in the determination of campus priorities, and in the development of strategies designed to achieve these priorities. Its responsibilities include the campus operating budgets, capital plans and capital budget, admissions targets, enrollment plans, and such special studies and reviews of programs and operations as may be necessary to enable the Chancellor and Campus Provost/Executive Vice Chancellor to discharge his/her responsibilities in these areas. Capital Planning and Space Management (CPSM) is one of the units in Planning and Budget and is responsible for space planning, programming, funding, management and utilization aspects of the campus capital improvement and space management programs.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training such as business administration, project construction administration, architecture, facilities management, or urban planning.
- Demonstrated experience in capital or other similar planning fields.
- Working knowledge/skill in architecture, construction management or facilities management and ability to read and understand floor plans and project budgets.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills sufficient to identify needs, conduct research, and develop innovative proposals and solutions. Demonstrated experience and skill in using analysis to draw systematic and rational conclusions from data.
- Strong political acumen and written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to deliver quality customer/client service, develop / maintain working relationships with clients, prepare succinct correspondence, documents, and reports, prepare and/or deliver presentations, communicate with University leadership, and resolve or negotiate sensitive planning issues.
This position requires passing a pre-employment criminal history background check. The selected candidate shall not begin work before passing the background check. Time required to complete this process can vary.
Position is open until filled; Initial Review Date: 10-02-2018
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit they must be submitted electronically via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site (https://jobs.ucsc.edu ) on or before the initial review date (IRD). A computer is available at the UCSC Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center (SVC), 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodation call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service 800-735-2922. The University of California, Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency