Urban Designer II
About Farr Associates
Farr Associates is an architecture, urban planning, and urban design firm located in Chicago, Illinois, dedicated to creating sustainable urban places. As a JUST-certified Benefits Corporation, we value the quality of life of our clients, our staff, and our fellow Chicagoans. To that end, we invest in the ongoing development of our employees through training and conferences, and constantly look for ways in which to give back to our communities.
We are growing and are seeking an Urban Designer II. Projects in the Urban Design Studio focus on master planning, site planning, urban design, zoning, and community outreach, with a strong emphasis on implementation. Projects are often a hybrid of urban planning and design; therefore, we are looking for candidates that can effectively contribute to both areas.
This position will manage projects within the Urban Design Studio, including communicating with clients, managing timelines and budgets, and working with peers to see design projects to completion.
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefits.
- 5+ years of experience in architecture, urban planning and design, landscape architecture, or a related field
- Project management experience
- Strong design skills and sensibilities
- AICP, AIA, RLA accredited or on track; LEED accreditation preferred
- Someone who shares our vision for sustainable, sociallyequitable, and economically-viable design
- Ability to effectively present to and communicate with clients /stakeholders
- Ability to manage project deliverables, deadlines and budgets
- Good public facilitation skills
- Good communication, writing, and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Adobe Suites, AutoCad, and 3D programs
- Knowledge of GIS a plus; hand sketching skills a plus
- Ability to travel as required
Please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio/work samples no larger than 10 MB to Tim Kirkby at email@example.com with subject line “Urban Designer II Application.” No phone calls please; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.