Senior Environmental Planner
M-Group is looking to hire well-qualified planners to serve clients in the North Bay. Candidates must have CEQA experience with preferred experience working with California municipal governments. The position will be based in M-Group’s office located in the Napa.
- Positions are available for part time (20-30 hours/week) or full time (40 hours/week).
- Responsibilities may include:
- Consulting environmental planning work for various jurisdictions, including; review of development approval projects, detailed report writing, and public presentations.
- Writing California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) compliant documentation.
- Project manager responsibilities including completing and implementing a variety of project-related tasks.
- Analyzing environmental impacts; preparing CEQA documents, studies, findings and recommendations for various projects.
- Collecting, analyzing, tabulating and presenting land use, economic and environmental information.
- Long-range planning work, policy planning, and business development efforts.
- Presenting findings and fielding questions for public hearings (Planning Commission /City Council).
- Applicants must have or be able to demonstrate:
- An undergraduate degree in Environmental Planning, Urban Planning or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Planning with at least 2 years as a Senior level planner. A Master’s degree may substitute for one of the required years of experience.
- Solid CEQA knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge of general principles, practices and theories of land use planning, general plan development, zoning ordinance development, and local regulations.
- Procedural requirements of CEQA, California Subdivision Map Act and other state and federal regulations that directly relate to environmental planning.
- Experience in reviewing technical reports related to the assessment of the physical environment and natural resources.
- Knowledge of best practices and industry standards for technical analyses.
- Understanding of regulatory context for environmental resource categories.
- The ability to translate technical analysis into language that is easy to understand.
- The ability to work independently and contribute in a variety of team environments.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize numerous projects and work under tight timelines.