M-Group is looking to hire well-qualified planners to serve clients in the South Bay, East Bay and North Bay.
Candidates must have CEQA experience and experience working for a California municipal government, including policy planning, current planning, public counter and development review experience. The positions will be based in one of M-Group’s offices in Campbell, Hayward or Santa Rosa.
- Positions are available for full time (40 hours/week).
- Responsibilities may include:
- Consulting planning work at various City planning departments, including; review of development approval projects, plan-checks, permit processing, counter work, report-writing, public presentations.
- Long-range planning work, policy planning, and business development efforts.
- Attendance at evening meetings as needed (Planning Commission/City Council).
Applicants must have/demonstrate:
- An undergraduate degree in Urban Planning or related field
- Associate level requires a minimum of 3 years prior experience working for a local government planning department, preferably with a California City jurisdiction.
- A Master’s degree may substitute for one of the required years of experience.
- Solid CEQA knowledge and experience.
- The ability to work independently and contribute as a team player.
- Strong writing, presentation, and public speaking skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work under tight timelines.
- Graphic design skills including Adobe Illustrator and InDesign are highly desirable
- AICP certification highly desirable.