M-Group is looking to hire well-qualified Senior level planners to serve clients in the North Bay. Candidates must have experience working for municipal governments in California with advanced knowledge of CEQA and experience in policy and land use planning, design and development review. The positions are based in one of M-Group’s offices in Campbell, Hayward or Santa Rosa.
- Positions are available full time (40 hours/week).
- Responsibilities may include:
- Consulting planning work at various City planning departments, including; review of development approval projects, plan-checks, permit processing, public counter assistance, detailed report-writing, and public presentations.
- Long-range planning work, policy planning, and business development efforts.
- Attendance at evening meetings (Planning Commission /City Council).
- Applicants must have/demonstrate:
- An undergraduate degree in Urban Planning or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Planning for a city jurisdiction with at least 2 as a Senior level planner. A Master’s degree may substitute for one of the required years of experience.
- Solid CEQA knowledge and experience.
- The ability to work independently and contribute in a variety of team environments.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and public speaking skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work under tight timelines.
- AICP certification highly desirable.
- Graphic design and GIS skills desirable