Lead Planner - TIP Coordinator
Leads the development and administration of the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) as a member of the Palm Beach TPA's Program Development Team. Additional key responsibilities include professional and technical planning work in the following areas:
- Oversee the TPA’s Local Initiatives (LI) funding program
- Serve as staff liaison to the TPA's Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC)
- Analyze and report on adopted transportation Performance Measures and Congestion Management Process
- Develop the socio-economic data needed to support the Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) process.
- Report on active TIP and land development projects as part of a GIS data management system
- Coordinate activities with other agencies to facilitate the completion of projects
This position exercises a high degree of independence, may be given more complex work to complete and may supervise technical and subordinate planners. Work is normally performed under the general or limited supervision of the Deputy Director of Program Development.
Bachelor's Degree in Urban/Regional Planning or closely related field; minimum of three (3) years of professional planning experience. Equivalency: Related Master’s Degree and two (2) years of professional planning experience.
PREFERENCE FOR THREE (3) YEARS OF EXPERIENCE WITH: A Metropolitan Planning Organization.
Visit www.pbcgov.jobs for job description and to apply online. May submit scannable application/resume with any Veteran’s Preference documentation to Palm Beach County Human Resources, 100 Australian Avenue #300, West Palm Beach, Florida 33406 Info 561/616-6888 Fax 561/616-6893 (No e-mail applications/resumes accepted). Applications/resumes must include Job ID number, and will be accepted no later than 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. EO/AA M/F/D/V (DFWP), Drug Free Work Place; All employees of Palm Beach County may be required to work before, during and/or after a natural or man-made disaster or hurricane.