Monroe County Planning Department
We’re looking for a creative, educated and dedicated planner to join our team.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Significant responsibilities in comprehensive planning projects (long-range planning)
- Reviewing development proposals (current planning)
- Leading projects and initiatives
SKILLS WE'RE LOOKING FOR: +
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Creative thinking, positive attitude
- Strong commitment to public service and community improvement
- Team orientation and personal accountability
- Required: Undergraduate degree in planning or a closely related field.
- Desired: Master’s degree in planning or a closely related field
- Demonstrable experience in ESRI-based products, including ARC Map, ARC Editor and other GIS-related applications relating to planning and ability to maintain department GIS data and provide related training.
- Thorough knowledge of fundamental planning issues and concepts, including basic planning theory, urban design, subdivision, environmental issues, growth management, economic development, housing, and transportation.
- Starting salary of $41,658 per year; $45,798.00 after 3 years (40 hours per week).
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance and Employees Health Clinic
- Membership in Indiana Public Employees Retirement System
- Free transit pass
- Paid APA dues (including AICP if you're certified)
LIVING IN BLOOMINGTON, INDIANA:
- Home of Indiana University
- Culturally diverse community with vibrant music and arts scene
- Close to parks, nature and bike trails, Lake Monroe, and the Hoosier National Forest
HOW TO APPLY:
Visit the Monroe County website listed below:
Submit 1) County Application for Employment; 2) Resume; and 3) References to:
Larry J. Wilson, AICP
Planning Director, Monroe County Planning Department
Monroe County Government Center, 501 N. Morton St., Suite 224, Bloomington, IN 47404
Phone: (812) 349-2561
Fax: (812) 349-2967
Interviews will begin immediately. Deadline for Application: Friday, November 2, 2018, at 4:00 PM.